- Application Deadline: 12/31/20
- Company: MSU Center for Community and Economic Development
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
The CCED Accessibility intern is an opportunity for you to take your knowledge of ADA standards into practice. At the MSU CCED, it is our mission to disseminate research to our network and the public through various platforms including written reports, social media, video, and more. As an accessibility intern, you would be responsible for ensuring that REI and other CCED projects are accurately sharing information in an inclusive manner ensuring that our information is readily viewable and available to all. It is both the law and our mission to provide a proper experience while viewing CCED and REI materials, despite differing ability levels.
To learn more about accessibility standards at MSU, please visit UARC’s websiteExternal link – opens in new window.
- Create accessible PDFs via Adobe Acrobat DC
- Transcribe video via YouTube captioning
- Robust knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it functions in an educational setting
- Professional writing and editing skills
- Awareness of Web Accessibility standards
- Ability to both learn and teach further accessibility skills
- Communicate effectively with contacts at MSU UARCExternal link – opens in new window
- Work directly with communications and videography interns to disseminate information to CCED and REI networks
To learn more about our accessibility training process, please check out our presentation on how to create accessible PDFs via Adobe Acrobat DC.
Learn more and apply here: https://ced.msu.edu/about-cced/student-opportunities/2020-multimedia-and-accessibility-positions