- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Sherlockian
- Location: Remote
WIDE (Writing, Information, and Digital Experience), a digital humanities lab in the Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures, is looking for motivated students to fill multiple positions for the Sherlockian.net project. Sherlockian.net is a leading website dedicated to the Sherlock Holmes community, and WIDE is responsible for maintaining this important resource. You will also work on other projects related to Sherlockian, including maintaining the oldest women’s led organization in this community, archival research, and maker projects to share the Great Detective with folks across the community. You will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences including collaborating with a diverse team and community.
All positions are remote until we can safely return to campus (and even then, we do most of our work remotely).
Content editors and writers will be responsible for creating and copy editing original content for Sherlockian.net and related projects.
- Currently enrolled as a student at MSU
- Relevant writing and editing experience
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, critical thinking skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Students will edit, write content, and help with other tasks as assigned
- Familiar with the Sherlock Holmes stories, television, and film (and if not, happy to learn!)
- Experience using WordPress, Trello, and Slack (or not, we will train!)
- Some knowledge of SEO and Metadata (yep, will train)
- A good sense of humor and willingness to be part of a team
To apply for any of these paid positions, send a brief email of interest with a link to your portfolio, samples, resume, or favorite meme involving Sherlock Holmes to Professor Liza Potts at firstname.lastname@example.org.