- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: CARE House of Oakland County
- Location: Pontiac, Michigan
Position Description (include how to apply):
The Director of Communications and Grants is an integral part of CARE House’s management team. CARE House is proud of the work we do, and we strive to be a responsive and ethical environment for both the team members that work here as well as the children and families we assist. You will work closely with the President and CEO and the Director of Philanthropy to raise funds that support our mission. In addition, you will be the “voice” of CARE House, as you communicate with our constituents.
- Research, write, and submit thorough grant proposals and reporting to the following entities: State of Michigan – Three (3) major grants, Corporate Foundations, Private and Public Foundations
- Maintain a grant tracking system within RE NXT (Raiser’s Edge) to identify and follow up on the status of grant submissions.
- Maintain the following communications systems: Monthly communications calendar – including email, social media, and print communications. Website and social media pages. Blog.
- Write event scripts, annual appeal and acknowledgment letters
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience Required: Two (2) years of experience writing grants for a nonprofit organization.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance. Minimal travel to training locations and fundraising events. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs.
Learn more and apply here: https://mnaonline.org/job-postings/4045-director-of-communications-and-grants