- Application Deadline: 12/31/2021
- Company: Cristo Rey Community Center
- Location: Lansing, Michigan
Organization: Cristo Rey Community Center is a 501(c)(3) basic-needs service provider with an emphasis on access to food, medical care and mental health services. CRCC was opened in 1968 to help meet the needs of the poor, the vulnerable, immigrants, migrants, and all people in need regardless of language or culture.
Position: The Food Pantry Intern will assist the Food Pantry Coordinator with tasks pertaining to the food pantry.
- Assist in all tasks related to the food pantry, including but not limited to: leading food pantry appointments, unloading inventory from CRCC vehicle, reviewing inventory, stocking shelves, and organizing pantry
- Assist in calculating direct access program statistics
- Assist in processing food pantry and personal needs program paperwork
- Assist in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Any additional reasonable request deemed necessary by management
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- “People person” willing to serve community members in vulnerable situations, including but not limited to individuals who are homeless, refugees, and immigrants
- Motivated self-starter with a high-level of integrity
- Preferably bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, French, and/or Swahili
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Education & Experience Request: In process of obtaining B.A. or B.S. with a concentration in public health, nutrition, pre-med, or social science related degree.
Learn more and apply here: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2649613?ref=preview-header-click