- Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
- Company: Peoria Park District
- Location: Remote
The Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum is a children’s museum located in Peoria, Illinois. The Museum is a facility of the Peoria Park District, which also features a zoo, botanical garden, skating rink, gym, and recreation centers as well as numerous parks and trails. When open to the public the PlayHouse welcomes 75,000 visitors per year, and offer six interactive exhibits and a wide range of programming.
During Fall 2020 the PlayHouse is anticipated to be closed to the public, and is focused on offering small in person opportunities as well as virtual / distance programs.
Successful interns are innovative thinkers and leaders who are outgoing to possess a commitment to diversity and excellent customer service in support of PlayHouse goals. Intern placements are contingent upon the successful completion of screening requirements including a background check. Please be sure to fill out application in addition to sending resume and cover letter.
All Fall 2020 Internships are remote, and run from Mid-August – mid-December (flexible). Interns during the school year are expected to work between 10 and 15 hours per week. While Internships are unpaid, the Park District will work with your school to allow for credits where available.
- Research best practices in storytelling for Marketing and Development; develop guidelines for ongoing use.
- Interview PlayHouse members and other stakeholders to collect stories of impact.
- Where possible, collect or find images that can accompany stories.
- Craft stories into formats usable by Development and Marketing.
- Work with the marketing and development team to use these stories to support efforts.
- Attend PlayHouse staff and marketing meetings (by Zoom).
- Be an active member of a small but highly engaged and collaborative team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability represent the PlayHouse professionally on the phone, in person, and through email.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interest in researching best practices in how stories can support marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Interest in the work of children’s museums / community non-profits. Previous museum experience is not required.
Apply for these internships at https://peoriaparks.org/careers/internships/