- Application Deadline: 11/06/2020
- Company: APEX Design Build
- Location: Rosemont, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: Apex Design Build is a commercial design build firm, specializing in private healthcare practices. Following design build methodology, we manage projects from early visioning and conceptual design stages, all the way through the architectural and construction phases.
We are currently seeking a dynamic INTERIOR DESIGN INTERN to support our organization. The interior design intern will assist the design team in all aspects of the project from the early design through to final project closeout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform design duties as directed by the Design Director.
- Collaborate with other Team Leaders as needed.
- Assist with updating and organizing the materials library.
- Assist in material and project research as required for project development.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and client meetings.
- Make updates and changes to existing drawings or designs using Revit.
- Attend in-house project team meetings.
- May perform administrative tasks as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Recently graduated or currently enrolled in an accredited Interior Design or similar program.
- Minimum 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and details.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and a drive to excel.
- Strong work ethic with a self-discipline to follow processes.
- Proven success in a performance based culture.
- Ability to work in a fast paced collaborative team environment with flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
Learn more and apply here: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3909928?ref=preview-header-click