- Application Deadline: 09/25/2020
- Company: Allen Neighborhood Center
- Location: Lansing, Michigan
At Allen Neighborhood Center we have done our best to make sure we can offer youth programming to the community this fall despite the current pandemic. But with this in mind, we’ve had to make a lot of changes. We have designed a new, all-outdoor program for youth that is free and focused on garden-based science education. This program will consist of several small groups that meet once a week during different one-hour time slots. Youth ages range from 5-17, but most groups will consist of either older youth or younger youth. Prospective interns should be available for at least two days-worth of the following program hours: Mondays 2:00PM-5:00PM, Tuesdays 10:00AM-1:00PM, Wednesdays 2:00PM-5:00PM, Thursdays 10:00AM-1:00PM. Masks are required, and other safety precautions will be implemented for the safety of all youth and staff.
Allen Neighborhood Center’s Hunter Park GardenHouse Youth Programs are offering 3 unpaid internships this semester.
- Work with Youth Programs Coordinator to help prepare & facilitate lessons and activities.
- Document program efficacy through attendance records and evaluations.
- Document Youth Programs through social media (update Facebook with photos & updates).
- Commitment to serve 10-15 hours per week (September – December 2020).
- Kid-loving (and experience working with kids), organized, reliable, enthusiastic, and motivated.
- Desire and ability to engage with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in low-income neighborhoods.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in gardening, nutrition, and civic engagement is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook) and basic photography.
We are able to partner with academic institutions to provide this internship for college credit.
Learn more and apply here: http://allenneighborhoodcenter.org/internships-2/