- Application Deadline: 10/01/2020
- Company: Michigan Health Information Network
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Interns at Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN), commonly called MiHINterns, provide a fresh perspective on healthcare issues and create innovative solutions that help MiHIN transform the healthcare industry. Interns are an essential part of the team at our growing, health IT nonprofit.
MiHIN provides a high‐energy environment for a wide variety of talented people who are working to build a healthier future for the state of Michigan. Our interns are the most important people at MiHIN because they represent our future. We look for self-motivated, professoinal intern candidates who can work independently and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
Interns may work up to 29 hours per week with the expectation of a minimum of 15 hours per week. All hours must be completed within our office hours Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, with an hourly wage depending on education/experience.
Intern Program Basics
MiHINterns represent a broad range of degree areas and develop excellent collaboration skills while working with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Earn hourly wage ($12+/hr based on experience and degree level)
- Work with a professional staff mentor
- Learn about cutting-edge healthcare initiatives
- Collaborate with staff members and other MiHINterns on projects and presentations
- Network with health IT industry leaders
The MiHIN internship program accepts international students with up-to-date work authorization for off-campus employment.
MiHIN recruits undergraduate and graduate students from many accredited colleges and universities. You must be an enrolled student for the duration of your internship, but your degree area is not a concern at MiHIN. Our main interest is your bright mind and your willingness to accomplish thoughtful, creative work.
- Quick learner in fast-paced, high-expectations environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative with little direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to pass a background check
- Preferred experience in clinical environment or healthcare Administration
- Social Determinates of health experience
- Process and Quality Improvement Experience
As a MiHINtern, you will be paired with a full-time team member to act as your mentor throughout your internship. You will collaborate with your mentor, other team members, and other MiHINterns on projects and presentations. High-performing interns are encouraged to stay with MiHIN for multiple semesters.
- Assisting Senior FP&A Manager with report preparation and analysis· Data mining from Adaptive and NetSuite
- Finance/Accounting month close tasks each month
- Tasks to help work on FY2020
- Research possible changes or improvements to our finance process
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable aging detail
- Vendor bill approvals
- Intercompany invoicing
- Microsoft Office
- Sales Force
Learn more and apply here: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3884604?ref=preview-header-click