- Application Deadline: 12/18/20
- Company: Arts Council of Greater Lansing
- Location: Lansing, Michigan
Greater Lansing is defined by its arts and culture sector: our cultural organizations, artists and proud history of creative expression are at the root of its identity, vitality and economic growth.
As a membership and service organization, working on behalf of this sector, the Arts Council of Greater Lansing believes in supporting the growth of arts organizations and their audiences; working to keep the arts in schools; strengthening the “business of being an artist;” preserving the diverse cultural activities in our communities; and empowering and coordinating the effort of artists and organizations to make a difference in our neighborhoods.
The Arts Council recognizes that on-the-job experience plays an important role in advancing the careers of arts, nonprofit, and cultural leaders. Likewise, we believe our organization benefits from the creativity and curiosity of students and young professionals who join our ranks. Our internship program takes great care to offer opportunities that make the most of those mutual goals.
Since our founding in 1965, we’ve played a key role in ensuring the health and vitality of arts and culture in greater Lansing with a mission to support, strengthen and promote arts, culture and creativity.
- Assist in developing marketing and branding
- Help design a variety of printed materials, including banners, brochures, invitations, ads, etc.
- Conceptualize and design graphics for web banners, projects, etc.
- Update website content daily
- Photograph various projects and events
- Perform basic administrative duties, including answering phones, filing, running errands and other duties as needed
- Strong graphic design and typography skills
- Solid eye for detail and composition
- Illustration experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently—a take it and run with it mentality
- Creative thinking is a must!
Learn more and apply here: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3565512?ref=preview-header-click