- Application Deadline: 10/16/20
- Company: MSU College of Arts and Letters
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
The Digital Humanities at MSU Program has a position open for a Communications Assistant. The position will provide the opportunity to work in a growing, interdisciplinary program with connections and collaborations across campus. The student will be responsible for publicity and communicating the work of Digital Humanities on campus and will work as part of the DH@MSU team, specifically with the Assistant Director, DH Coordinator, and DH Archivist.
- Maintain and support regular DH@MSU communications:
- Work with the Engagement & Outreach Committee to plan events and support engagement within the DH@MSU community * Attend Digital Humanities programming (workshops, etc) to document and assist (See digitalhumanities.msu.edu/events for details) * Manage weekly newsletter using MailChimp
- Write content for and develop the program’s Twitter handle * Maintain and update content for the DH@MSU Digital Humanities website using WordPress * Update events information on the Digital Humanities Google Calendar * Draft and distribute promotional materials for programming and events (e.g. flyers, emails)
- Support the planning and execution of the Global Digital Humanities Symposium (virtual event, April 12-15, 2021)
- Work with the Communications Subcommittee, especially relating to website updates and Twitter promotion * Work with the Technology Subcommittee to assist with preparations for and day of activities, especially using Zoom
Experience in Digital Humanities or an interest in the field strongly preferred Work is ~10 hours per week and pay rate is $12.50/hr. This work can be done fully remote (and will be fully remote for the foreseeable future).