- Application Deadline: Rolling Deadline
- Company: HarperCollins Publishers
- Location: New York City, New York
HarperCollins Children’s Books is looking for a creative, highly organized, internet savvy Marketing Coordinator to support the company’s engagement with parents, gatekeepers, and readers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest and Snapchat, as well as on the company’s various website destinations and email newsletters. Leveraging content from thousands of books, the Marketing Coordinator will identify creative opportunities and create content to broaden engagement with HarperCollins Children’s Books picture book & middle grade customers across all social media channels.
In this role, the Marketing Coordinator will create engaging content across a wide range of topics in order to support our extensive catalog of books, authors, and brands, including Harper Kids and Shelf Stuff. The right candidate will be able to write about books in a fun, educational and accessible way, design and create eye-catching graphics, and be able to think of new and cool ways to approach content marketing across platforms.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to create a social media strategy that represents best practices in social media marketing.
- Manage and execute content from multiple editorial and social calendars across social, video, and website.
- Creating a library of static and motion content to support our picture book and middle grade books.
- Reframing various creatives for HarperKids and Shelf Stuff social media channels.
- Constantly research and share new trends, platforms and experiences that can inform planning, audience development and drive innovation across the company.
- Lead and manage advocacy for the brand in social media conversations and seize opportunities in real-time to engage in conversations where the brand is relevant.
- Establish relationships with authors, influencers and bloggers, vloggers, brands, and other members of the online community.
- Ideate, develop, and execute projects to highlight books through creative photo and video content.
- 1 year of experience contributing to social media for a publishing/media company or entertainment brand
- Experience maintaining and growing social audiences across multiple platforms
- Understanding of all major social platforms and why certain content performs best on each
- Strong social copywriting and editing skills; values the importance of good copy and strategy as part of effective design for social
- Strong attention to detail and well-versed in managing multiple editorial and social calendars
- A forward-thinking attitude and ability to work in an ever-evolving creative space with a willingness to learn new technologies that enhance marketing efforts across the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to proactively communicate with the team and present to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience in areas of graphic design, video editing, photography, motion design a plus
- Familiarity with social scheduling tools Later, and Falcon a plus
- Passionate about books and loves a good meme
- Cover letter with link to online portfolio or social media samples strongly preferred