- Application Deadline: 10/23/20
- Company: MSU College of Arts & Letters
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
MESH (https://meshresearch.net) and MSUCommons (https://commons.msu.edu) in collaboration with DH @ MSU (https://digitalhumanities.msu.edu/) and the Department of Art, Art History, and Design (https://art.msu.edu/) are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated intern to help shape the future of digital presence in the College of Arts and Letters and beyond. The position will provide the opportunity to work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, addressing key challenges for today’s faculty, staff, and students through projects that blend Digital Humanities and User Experience (Experience Architecture) Design practices. Working closely with the MESH Research team, the student will help facilitate the effective launch, use, and ongoing development of MSUCommons.
- Working directly with MESH Research staff on needs assessments and analyses for faculty and graduate student profiles and groups
- Using the outcomes of the needs assessments and analyses to evolve approaches to information architecture and metadata
- Working with MESH Research and other partners to conduct outreach, trainings, and workshops with faculty, staff, and graduate students in the Department of Art, Art History, and Design (AAHD)
- Provide feedback on and revise promotional and training materials based on testing with AAHD faculty, staff, and graduate students
- Open to any student with background and/or major in Experience Architecture and/or Digital Humanities minor
Hours and compensation:
- 10-15 hours/week, fully remote
- $14 per hour
- Submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm on Friday, October 23, 2020
The internship will begin in early November and will continue until the end of the spring semester. Students in the XA major and/or DH minor can enroll in the corresponding for-credit internship course beginning in spring semester (January).