- Application Deadline: 08/16/21
- Company: Coding4Youth
- Location: Remote
At Coding4youth.org, we offer a variety of Math & Computer Science courses to students ages 8-18, online.
Established in 2013, we have attracted thousands of K-12 students from 220+ cities all over America. We hire smart Engineering, Math, Science students who are passionate about Math and love to share the knowledge with next generation.
Our instructors will get the chance to practice their communication skills and learn how to convey abstract Math concepts in simplified messages. Many Fortune 500 companies test interviewees on this and our record shows that teaching experience will greatly enhance such skills for college students.
If you want to contribute to the computer science society for next generation while improving your communication skills, we have a position for you. Training will be provided prior to teaching.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, computer science, or Engineering majors
- Individual should have a positive and inquisitive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Prior tutoring experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Committed to the goals of the program and approach
- Love and respect for children
- Belief and commitment to Coding4Youth’s mission and values
- Must have a modern person computer PC/Mac with High Speed Internet Connection
- A Web Cam and a microphone will be necessary. Most modern laptops are equipped with such devices
- Prepare K-12 Math lessons and pass all assigned certifications tests
- Conduct online live interactive session at coding4youth.org platform
- Manage student progress and handling parent/student request
- Collaborate with back office staffs on curriculum enhancements, homework and project grading
- Assist students to solve complex math problems when they are challenged
- Be trained and supervised by lead instructors (remotely) on coaching and communication skills as well as solving technical challenges