- Application Deadline: 2/1/21
- Company: Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
- Location: Remote
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard is now accepting applications for a Spring 2021 graphic design internship in the Office of Communications.This internship will be fully remote.
Launched in 2004, the Broad is a world-leading biomedical research center located in Cambridge, MA. The institute is dedicated to improving human health by using genomics to advance our understanding of the biology and treatment of human disease, and to helping lay the groundwork for a new generation of therapies. This internship, based in the Office of Communications, involves assisting two full time graphic designers — as well as collaborating with writers, event planners and videographers — in the creation of a variety of graphic materials in support of both internal and external communications. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Internal communications via multiple digital channels
- Graphic support for internal and external events, including signage, booklets, booth graphics, t-shirts
- Illustration of scientific news stories or infographics for the external Broad website
- Graphics for social media, videos and web
- Cropping and sizing photos assets
- Customization of templates in Powerpoint, MS Word and Google Docs and Slides
Both the starting date and the number of hours per week are negotiable.
Ideally the position will start mid-January and will end mid or late May. Hours may range between 16 and 24 hours per week and will be finalized with the candidate prior to start. Compensation will be $15/hour.
- Competence in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Competence in creating files for both print and digital with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill in the visual communication of ideas and messages
- Ability to collaborate or work independently
- A balance of creativity and pragmatism
- Illustration, animation or data visualization skills a plus, but not required
- Experience in designing for MS Word, Powerpoint/Google Doc and Slides a plus
- Experience in integrating data from MS Excel/Google Sheets a plus
To apply email email@example.com with your CV and portfolio.
Selection will be based on submission of portfolio as well as sample files in as many formats as available.