- Application Deadline: 1/31/21
- Company: Vectorworks, Inc.
- Location: Columbia, Maryland
What’s in it for you? Vectorworks, Inc. seeks a Video Production Intern to join our team for a dynamic internship opportunity. We’re looking for an up-and-coming videographer who wants to gain real world experience working on media projects that support corporate marketing objectives. It’s an exciting time to join the Vectorworks family, and we hope you’ll take the time to learn more about our internship opportunities and working with our Marketing team in our Columbia, Maryland office.
In this role, you should expect to:
- Assist the Video Production Specialist in the creation and production of media content for the purposes of brand awareness and marketing.
- Complete post-production work including: assembling raw footage, research and assist in script-writing, video cutting and editing, music selection, delivery of rough and final products
- Consult with the director, industry experts, and other stakeholders throughout the post-production process
- Experiment with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements, and the editing of sound and light, to ensure a high-quality viewing experience using video editing equipment
Why do you want this job? Because you are:
- A creative problem-solver with strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- A hard-working and dedicated college junior, senior, or recent graduate (no more than 6 months upon graduation) who is looking to gain valuable work experience in the field of video production and marketing
- A self-starter with the ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Why do we want you? Because you have:
- Background in film, video, theater, design, or related field
- Previous experience with film editing, and familiarity using Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, and Audition software
- Strong audio-editing skills
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment
Eligibility requirements for internships:
- Fall and spring internships require working 16-20 hours per week; summer internships require working 40 hours per week
- You must be at least 18 years of age, enrolled in an undergraduate program entering your junior or senior year, enrolled in a graduate program, or a recent graduate (no more than 6 months upon graduation)
- This is a paid internship and compensation will be based on applicant’s qualifications. Remote internship opportunities available
- Interns are not eligible for company benefits
Join our team
Are you looking for a company focused on innovation and emerging technology that helps customers around the world reach their creative potential? Vectorworks, Inc. is a design solution software company with over 650,000 global customers in the architecture, landscape and entertainment design industries. By working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to solve problems, develop your career, and make a difference. You’ll find a wide range of benefits, including competitive compensation plans, employer-matched retirement accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a free medical plan option. You can also enjoy company perks, such as weekly catered lunches, an on-site fitness center and deli, free yoga and fitness classes, free monthly massages, and more.
Vectorworks Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer