- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Cherry Lake Press
- Location: Remote
Cherry Lake Press, a small children’s book publisher located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, has restructured their program for remote work for the upcoming spring semester (January-May). Attached is a document detailing the criteria and expectations.
Cherry Lake Press is looking for talented and passionate interns for their series nonfiction Editorial and Publicity departments. Interns are placed for Spring (January-May), Summer (June-August), and Fall (August-December) terms. Interns for the upcoming Spring term will work remotely 8 hours per week. Pay is $12 per hour.
● A current sophomore, junior, or senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
● Must be able to work remotely 8 hours a week
● Interest in children’s book publishing
● Strong writing and communication skills
● A personal laptop or computer with reliable wifi
● A basic understanding of technology and applications necessary for remote work (GoogleDrive, Zoom, Excel, etc.)
Interns will gain experience in:
● Compiling comp copy lists and keeping track of author information
● Proofing marketing copy
● Assisting designers and editors with photo-research
● Assisting with indexing for series as needed
● Proofing and reviewing titles once in layout
● Fact-checking series as needed
● Evaluating submissions
● Participating in department meetings
● Bringing new ideas to the table on products, trends, and processes
● Conducting research for trending topics and school curriculum for potential new series
● Creating social media campaign concepts
● Researching social media influencers & reviewers to add to internal reviewer list
● Assisting with Blog Tours (identifying bloggers with certain themes, creating questionsfor authors/illustrators to answer)
● Compiling local media lists relevant to each book release
● Event planning assistance
● Publicity plan assistance (research new author/illustrators websites, social media, localbookstores etc. in anticipation of book release)
Further information on the company and imprints can be found: https://cherrylakepress.com.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line should include position (Internship), term and year you’re applying for.