- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Detroit Public TV
- Location: Wixom, Michigan
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Digital Platforms Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
The Digital Platforms Coordinator is responsible for the daily digital video and web content for the Michigan Learning Channel. The primary responsibilities of this role are transcoding broadcast files into digital video files for web content, captioning, and posting associated resources to a website. The video resources include additional videos, audio files, and other file assets including documents, spreadsheets, PDFs or similar. Tasks include knowledge of video compression and codecs specifically for web-based video, basic video editing, captioning technologies, and website maintenance.
- Support the Michigan Learning Channel digital platforms through post-production processing of video for web content, including:
- Video compression and transcoding using Carbon Coder, Adobe Premiere Pro CC and similar applications
- Basic video editing
- Captioning for web video using Adobe Premiere Pro and Telestream CaptionMaker/MacCaptions software
- Support the Michigan Learning Channel website in alignment with the initiative goals, brand identity and voice. Regularly review content for accuracy, accessibility, and design.
- Create web pages for DETF public and internal facing web properties using basic HTML and content management system (CMS) tools similar to WordPress
- Distribute video content to digital distribution platforms like YouTube and Vimeo
- Optimize video for search engine optimization through title, description, and other meta data development
- Analyze data using Google Analytics; manipulate data in Excel, and synthesize large amounts of information into
meaningful charts and presentations
- Support social media and e-newsletters for the Michigan Learning Channel
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work effectively with people across all lines of the organization
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, work irregular and extended hours
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite and Google Docs especially Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Telestream CaptionMaker helpful
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS knowledge, WordPress and/or Drupal
- Attention to detail very important
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Communications, Broadcast Journalism, or similar field.
- Experience with website content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal, and Google Analytics tools.
- Experience in working with large subscriber and social media constituent lists.
- Experience with web design HTML and CSS editing software.
- 1+ years of experience with video editing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- 1+ years of experience in website support
- Proven ability to build and manage project plans and tasks to committed deadlines.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247