- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Detroit Public TV
- Location: Wixom, Michigan
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Engagement Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
The Engagement Coordinator supports the engagement initiatives of the Michigan Learning Channel, both statewide and in Detroit in coordination and collaboration with the DPTV Education team. This role will coordinate and execute engagement activities with families, public and private school teachers and schools. The Engagement Coordinator advocates for the use of the channel by educators, families, and students, and collects feedback and suggestions for improving the service.
- Track relationships with school districts, ISD’s and RESAs, and with teachers within the station’s viewing area to promote the use of the Michigan Learning Channel
- Distribute Michigan Learning Channel and PBS resources to teachers and families to optimize their use of the service
- Coordinate electronic communications to families and educators within the station’s viewing area about Michigan Learning Channel programming, digital resources, special events, and trainings.
- Collect testimonials and best practices on how educators are using the channel
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events and trainings to improve usage of the Michigan Learning Channel
- Provide the programming scheduled for the Michigan Learning Channel to local teachers in advance so they can plan their lessons around the programming
- Align promotional campaigns with the school calendar, locally important events, as well as opportunities tied to specialized audiences
- Participate in on-air messaging, social media, and other platforms to improve communication among parents, teachers and schools statewide
- Track engagement activities and statistics into a CRM system provided by the Michigan Learning Channel
- Participate in scheduled trainings and consultations with the Michigan Learning Channel staff
- Order materials, collect data, and other duties as assigned by the Director, Education Engagement, to support the engagement of the Michigan Learning Channel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must genuinely enjoy meeting with educators
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Excellent follow up skills
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience as a customer service representative or previous stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Experience as a classroom teacher preferred
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247