- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Detroit Public TV
- Location: Wixom, Michigan
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Grant Writer in Wixom, MI.
The Grant Writer is responsible for securing private support for Detroit Public Television by conducting the full range of activities required to obtain grants, including: researching prospective funders, matching funder mission to DPTV projects and activities, preparing timely proposals, grants management and administration, and final reporting.
- Participate in the development of strategies for grants from foundations, government entities, corporate foundations and charitable giving programs.
- Research philanthropic foundation giving opportunities aligned with DPTV & WRCJ annual support, key initiatives, projects; streamline and accelerate the funding process from the idea stage to full funding.
- Gather information on specific programs requiring funding. Align projects with funder interests and grant requirements.
- Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines and facilitating agreement regarding content and budgets with other departments. Manage calendar and timely submission of grant applications, reports, contracts, and other documents.
- Maintain a system for tracking all grant submissions, reporting deadlines, and renewal due dates.
- Compile, write and edit quality grant applications/proposals.
- Participate in completion of large grant applications/proposals.
- Create letters of intent, follow-up letters, reports, proof of performance documents and related documents to
meet funder needs, including interim and final grant reports meeting funder requirements.
- Monitor grant activities to ensure deliverables met, outcomes measured, and impact indicators collected/reported.
- Connect with community partners as required, draft letters of support, collect information from partners and provide information to partners.
- Maintain centrally accessible records in electronic and paper files, including grant paperwork, communications, and research documents.
- Work with Accounting Department and others to process all gifts, ensuring organized and timely entry of funder contract information and acknowledgements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and effectively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strategic and creative thinker and collaborator
- Attention to detail, organized
- Ability to plan for, and work under pressure of deadlines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word,
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective resource management
- Bachelor Degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience writing grants
- 2+ years of experience managing grants
- 2+ years of experience in a role responsible for revenue generation
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
- Knowledge of Michigan and national foundations and corporations
- Passion and enthusiasm for Detroit Public Television and its mission, vision, values and program/content areas
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience in project design and assessment preferred
- Knowledge of public media and/or other broadcast media preferred
- Deep knowledge, appreciation and understanding of Detroit preferred
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247