- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Detroit Public TV
- Location: Wixom, Michigan
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Producer in Wixom, MI.
The Producer is responsible for managing the production, creative team, crew, script, edit, budget, and deliverables of DPTV’s Michigan Learning Channel, including live to tape, single or multi-camera programs, short and long form video projects, and other partner productions.
- Produce single or multi-camera programs for distribution online and on-air including scheduling the crew and all equipment and facilities; scripting; booking talent; preparing graphics; booking travel; designing set and lighting; producing roll-in materials; and other duties essential to the production.
- Research, script, schedule, coordinate, conduct interviews, determine B-roll needs, log footage and edit rough cuts for short and long form projects.
- Manage relationships and all deliverables related to the project.
- Produce content related interstitial material
- Coordinate with the education and programming teams to keep a log of all available programs and/or interstitial
- Create and reconcile budgets.
- Manage multiple timelines and deliverables and regularly track the project status.
- Produce special programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Solution-oriented under high pressure
- Effective influence and leadership skills to motivate teams
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including clear storytelling skills
- Ability to contribute creative ideas
- Ability to complete tasks within budget and time constraints and prepare necessary reports
- Basic knowledge of production set ups
- Basic knowledge of technical equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcast, Journalism, or related field of study or equivalent experience
- 5+ years long and short form video production experience
- 5+ years of experience with Adobe products preferred
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247