- Application Deadline: Rolling–Start Reviewing 1/15/21
- Company: Kellogg Biological Station
- Location: Hickory Corners, Michigan
SUMMER 2021 UPDATE: Although things remain uncertain, at this time we are planning for an Internship program at KBS in summer 2021. Please explore information below from past KBS interns. Applications are open!
Intern will gain experience in programming and customer service roles designed to enhance visitor experiences at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary. Key responsibilities are:
- Develop and update social media posts about programs, events, and visitor attractions
- Assist with development and offering of self-guided visitor experiences such as scavenger hunts, story walks, etc.
- Assist with the development of virtual and (if allowed) in-person programming at the Sanctuary
- Completion of agreed upon intern project focused on self-guided and virtual experiences for visitors.
- Related duties will include:
- Welcome and introduce visitors to the facilities, trails and exhibits at the Sanctuary.
- Respond to questions from callers and visitors about Sanctuary programs, facilities, the Kellogg Biological Station and related questions.
- Maintain merchandise displays including re-arranging, cleaning (light sweeping and dusting) and stocking as needed
- Perform cash register operations and complete daily deposits
Interns play a valuable role in the development and implementation of initiatives vital to the mission of KBS. The KBS Internship Program provides part-time (20+ hrs/week) professional experiences for students in a wide range of disciplines across KBS.
To complement the internship learning experience, interns are required to take a course at KBS (3 credits +) and participate in weekly professional development seminars during the summer. Please note that interns are responsible for covering their MSU tuition for the course(s) taken. Scholarships to assist with tuition are available.
If you have questions about the program or application process, please email KBSsummer@msu.edu.