- Application Deadline: 1/31/21
- Company: Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Holland, Michigan
Description: Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity is a Christian housing ministry working to provide qualified families along the lakeshore with safe, decent, and affordable housing. We are seeking an intern to work with the development department performing functions related to daily operations as well as assisting in the execution of the organization’s event and communications plan. The successful candidate will learn how to plan and coordinate fundraising events and donor communication strategies. Work days and hours are flexible to fit your schedule and other commitments.
1. Assist with planning and coordinating annual fundraising events and event communications
2. Assist with formal fundraising requests
3. Recruitment of potential sponsors and communication with existing sponsors
4. Assist in the development and disbursement of newsletter and other communications as applicable.
5. Assist with social media communication strategies
6. Assist with media outreach and strategies for reaching designated audiences, including press releases.
7. Conduct special projects, research and assignments as needed
1. Experience in office setting preferred.
2. Experience using InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
3. Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
4. Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
5. Problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of Lakeshore Habitat.,
Required Education: Those pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field will be considered.
Compensation: Unpaid but will reimburse for mileage for any travel. This internship can be done for school credit hours. Please speak with your academic advisor to arrange. Hours and days are flexible. We are looking for an intern to work approximately 12 hours/week.