- Application Deadline: 2/5/21
- Company: MSU Associated Students of Michigan State University
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Submit a one page resume including previous work experience, educational experience, and relevant skills for the position
- Submit a one page cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications, also include why you would like to work for ASMSU and your experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion
Title: Red Cedar Log Photography Intern
Compensation: $9.75/hr, 6 hrs/week
Term of Office: One year beginning the first day of fall semester and ending the last day of spring semester
Required Office Hours: 6 per week during Fall and Spring semesters
Supervised by: Red Cedar Log Assistant Photo Managing Editor
Office Hours shall be spent: In the Student Services Building or in another location necessary to carry out the goals and objectives of ASMSU as deemed appropriate by the supervisors.
- Photograph a minimum of one event per week averaging about 6 hours of field work weekly
- The Photographer is required to schedule two days a week a minimum of one hour of office time to complete assignment, work on captions, and other duties as assigned by editors. An additional hour will be required for weekly meetings.
- Additional hours will be required at deadline. The photographer is also responsible for understanding that some events may potentially be assigned fairly close to the time of the event itself.
- Position requires accessibility other times of the week and willing to work in a potentially truncated timeframe.
- The photographer is responsible for obtaining appropriate information for each event.
- The photographer is to actively collaborate and communicate with journalism staff and interns on assignments, and contribute to the Red Cedar Log with a high quality of photography and a keen sense of photojournalistic integrity.
- Assist Red Cedar Log Assistant Photo Managing Editor as requested
- Ability to organize time wisely and work well under deadline pressure
- Previous publication experience
- A basic knowledge of DSLR cameras and their functions
- Confidence to approach people in the field to obtain information
- Ability to be proficient while photographing alone
- Desire to work in an independent environment
- Ability to collect caption information and write captions for photos
- Ability to represent the Red Cedar Log as a professional, highly accountable student organization
- Ability to exhibit behavior and conduct reflecting the mission of ASMSU