Miguel Angel Rafael Rodriguez

Full name:  Miguel Angel Rafael Rodriguez

Hometown: Edinburg, Texas

Major and Class Standing: Apparel & Textile Design, Senior

Social Media Handle: Instagram: @miguelangelro_

Internship Company/Organization Name: Biotico

Location of Internship: ​Remote

Program Type: Global Remote Internship Program

I was the Design and Marketing intern. My role consisted of reaching out to influencers and creating marketing content for the Brand. I was also in charge of selecting color palettes for the collection launch.

Miguel Angel Rafael Rodriguez

My favorite part of my internship was being able to learn more about sustainability within the field of fashion. I learned that it takes months in order to launch a successful collection. In addition, you must reach out to the right influencers to get the desired audience. I reached out to influencers daily for this internship. My future plans consist of creating my own brand of couture designs. I learned that patience is important, and that it takes a lot of work and input to be successful within this industry. My least favorite part of my internship was working remotely and not being able to experience things hands on, though I did get to spend more time with my doggos.

Some advice I would give to other students would be that networking is important as is asking questions if you don’t understand something. Another thing I would advise is not to get discouraged if you don’t get the position, there is something out there for everyone. 

I obtained my internship by applying to the Global Remote Internship Program; Connect 123 was the provider.