- Application Deadline: 6/13/22
- Company: Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Location: Interlochen, Michigan
Between two lakes. Amongst the trees. That’s where you’ll find Interlochen. It’s also where you’ll find passion and purpose that will stay with you long after you leave. What will you find between two lakes? See what’s waiting for you at Interlochen.
Join us as the Artist Relations and Administration Intern for the 2022 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. The Arts Relations and Administration Intern will gain experience in the arts industry and participate in multiple areas of arts administration. Housing and all meals are included with this position. The dates of employment are 6/13/22-8/14/22 and the stipend for this position is $1,762.
- Assist with various administrative and production aspects of presenting dance, music, theatre, and performing arts programs
- Develop and maintain resources assisting in productions; complete clerical and administrative tasks such as scheduling and required research
- Work directly with artists and artist logistics as the assistant artist liaison
- Develop and maintain resource ﬁles
- Assist in production tasks like wardrobe, catering, dressing room set up and tear down
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Experience and Skills
- Must be able to handle a rigorous work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Needs to be efficient at multi-tasking and possess a collaborative and creative spirit
- Have strong problem solving skills, the ability to follow directions and sharp attention to detail
- Experience in entertainment production and arts administration or relevant course work is required
- Graduate and upper class college students with demonstrated interest in the arts and business fields are preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of and experience in general production and safe working practices
- Previous experience with touring productions, musical ensembles, theatre, and dance is helpful
- Must have a positive personality and be able to interact with people of all temperaments
Required Items to Upload on Your Application:
- Cover Letter
Safeguarding our students, guests, and employees is a valued mission within Interlochen Center for the Arts. As a condition of employment, Interlochen Center for the Arts requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, barring an approved exemption. Prior to beginning employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and all new hires will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
- Housing and all meals are included with this position
- Discounts on performances and in our on campus store, The Scholarshop
Interlochen Center for the Arts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion (religious creed), age, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.