- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: City of East Lansing
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
The Farmers Market Intern assists the Farmers Market Manager with running the East Lansing Farmers Market, including setup and tear down, processing EBT and Double Up Food Bucks transactions, and answering inquiries from the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend markets as scheduled, including assisting with setup and tear down, and answering inquiries from the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Support vendor arrival and load in process and information packed distribution
- Assist with daily transactions and documentation including operating EBT equipment and ensuring accurate dispensing of Food Assistance and Double Up Food Bucks tokens.
- Assist with Market Programming including Power of Produce Club and special events.
- Gather information for Market metrics, including vendor and visitor information, and coordinate volunteer sign in.
- Up to 6 hours per week (could be combined with other opportunities in the City)
- Customer services best practices.
- Food systems, agriculture, and/or marketing, preferred.
- Move and lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Function highly independently using sound judgment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with public and with internal customers.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Make sound decisions and exercise good judgment in daily activities and in stressful or complicated conditions.
Schedule: Sundays, June – October, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Attendance at the May vendor orientation meeting is strongly encouraged.