- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: City of East Lansing Department of Parks, Recreation & Arts
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Position Title: Youth Art Instructor w/Ceramics Emphasis
Pay Rate: $15 – $19 (depending upon experience)
- Prior experience in teaching methods and practices of ceramics
- Knowledge of clay and clay preparation
- Knowledge of wheel thrown pottery process
- Knowledge of slips, glazes and stains
- Working knowledge of current ceramic techniques
- Prefer experience working with youth, ages 7+
- Ability to work and communicate with all ages
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age.
Position Summary: The Art Instructor performs a variety of duties in coordinating and instructing youth art, ceramics, including wheel thrown pottery.
Supervision: The Ceramics Instructor will be under the direct supervision of the Recreation & Arts Coordinator and will work collaboratively with other art instructors to deliver a comprehensive art curriculum.
- Instructs youth art and ceramics class, including teaching beginning techniques.
- Responsible for keeping work areas neat.
- Attends to proper storage of art/ceramic supplies
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of kilns, wheels and other equipment
- Maintains records related to ceramics program (attendance, evaluation, special needs)
- Perform related duties as required.
East Lansing Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Arts