- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Patreon
- Location: New York City, New York
About the job
To build the future of the creative economy, Patreon is looking for a Staff Product Designer to solve the needs of creators and members in our platform.
What You Will Do
- Proactively discover company-level opportunities and help bring clarity and insight through high-fidelity prototypes and expert storytelling
- Work closely with Research, Product and Engineering to identify, plan, scope and execute end-to-end design solutions
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on prototypes, high-fidelity visuals, and key flows
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
- Contribute to the visioning, sequencing, tactics, and execution of a multi-phased overhaul of the product
- Own, redefine, and ship key parts of the core Patreon product
- Mentor design peers and contribute to design team culture and rituals
Skills And Experience You Possess
- Portfolio with demonstrated evidence of shipping world-class customer experiences that have made a significant impact on business metrics.
- Deep organization and execution skills, especially in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in design thinking methodologies to lead teams toward user-centered outcomes
- A deep commitment to craft & product excellence
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Evidence of using system design to apply consumer-principles to complex user flows
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with design, product, and research partners
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way art is made. Let’s move!
Projects You May Work On
- The future of the fan membership experience
- New tools for Creators to manage their audience & business
- Creation, playback, and collection experiences across a variety of media types: live, video, podcasting, music, etc.
- New ways for Creators to interact with their members
- Community experiences for super fans
- Patreon Design System
What You Will Have The Chance To Learn
- The future of the Creator and media industry
- The ins and outs of creative workflows around the world
- Working in a fast paced high execution environment that’s simultaneously deeply focused on craft
- Being part of a high growth company that’s rapidly scaling
- Designing for impact (we’re a small team with outsized impact on millions of users)
Who You’ll Work With
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership.
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This .
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn .