- Application Deadline: 7/8/22
- Company: MSU WKAR Public Media – College of Communication Arts and Sciences
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Do you have an interest in making a difference through media, programming, technology, customer service, writing, or public relations? WKAR is looking for a student intern to provide exceptional customer service for our viewers and listeners through phone, email, and written correspondence. Student interns play very important roles in marketing, research, analysis, and administrative communication, while helping our award-winning public media organization serve the community.
- Serve as the front line of customer service for WKAR audiences by responding to phone calls and emails in a timely and friendly manner, fielding questions related to programming, technical issues, and providing answers and guidance to help serve our viewers, listeners in a way that makes them feel special.
- Sort and deliver mail for WKAR Radio, TV, and Radio Reading Service
- Run errands on campus and occasionally off campus
- Assist with organizing and facilitating community events
- Organize and stuff mass mailings and gift bags for education and other events
- Assist departments as needed for special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team player mindset
- Excellent verbal and written skills in line with our high customer service standards
- Punctual and reliable
- Pays strong attention to detail
- General computer and database experience
- Ability to analyze and use problem solving methods to work through various situations
Most work hours are between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. However, some opportunities to work evenings and weekends may occur, depending upon volunteer needs for WKAR events. We strive to provide a comprehensive internship experience and seek to connect students with opportunities in which they may have an interest. The available number of hours per week is up to 29. Schedules are flexible and change depending on the semester. The ideal candidate would be available to work during school breaks and summer breaks (up to 40 hours per week are available to work during these times).
Please send your:
- Availability to work this summer and fall and spring semesters
- Briefly state why you would like to work at WKAR and why you would be a good hire.
We do accept work study and prefer students in their freshman and sophomore years.