- Application Deadline: 12/31/2020
- Company: General Motors
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
At GM, we earn customers for life. We have a culture of building brands that inspire passion and loyalty. Therefore we’ve created a new group. This is an exciting area that is functioning as a startup but with the stability of a 100+ year old company.
About Customer Experience: Global Customer Experience (CX) organization to focus on delivering world-class experiences to our customers. The mission of CX organization is to design and build digital products, services, and experiences for General Motors customers globally. The group will accomplish this mission by bringing together customer, brand, and competitor insights from across the enterprise and using them to design, prioritize, and build the best enterprise-wide solutions.
There are variety of areas within CX and your summer internship can be based on your interest, qualifications and best fit for the business.
- In-Market Enhancements (IME) Assistant Analyst Intern – where you will have the chance to make vehicles better over time. Here you can really demonstrate creativity, innovation, and problem solving. This team builds new services, digital accessories or receives upgrades to vehicles to improve the customer’s overall experiences.
- Enterprise Customer Experience Assistant Program Analyst – where you are energized to build outstanding experiences every day by delighting customers and setting out to make everything and everyone around you better. In this team you will use your strong analytical skills to transform data into impactful information.
- CX Chief Engineering Assistant Program Analyst – where you will be working with more technical teams in Engineering and IT to work cohesively in achieving an enterprise-wide customer experience vision. You will help construct, plan, and lead technical programs for products, services, and customer experience software.
- CX Design – where there are opportunities as a User Researcher to work with a team to design products for the next generation of the GM ownership experience. Or a Visual Designer where responsibilities are in designing for our future product line. Or lastly, a Product Designer to work with passionate and hardworking team of designers.
- Social Media Analyst – where you can gain hands on experience to support development and results of strategy to social platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- System Operations Intern – where your primary responsible is to provide analytical support to the System Vehicle team which often means pursuing independent projects and working closely with others. Here you will have responsibilities in robust quantitative analysis by manipulating data using Microsoft Excel, Oracle Database, Minitab and Hadoop data analytics.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Marketing, Business, Engineering, Software, or Industrial Design
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Able to work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Must be Sophomore standing or higher
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Shown capability to collaborate with different people and groups to gain trust and hit program objectives
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Learn more and apply here: https://search-careers.gm.com/job/GENEA0084JR000005508ENUS/Customer-Experience-Intern