Jenna Marie Wood

Hometown: Harbor Springs, MI 

Major/Class Standing: Apparel and Textile Design, Senior 

Social Media: @jennamwood_, @write_w_light, and @jennamwood_quills 

Internship Position/Location: Glebe Youth Service, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (remote)

Program: Global Remote Internships Program

My favorite experience throughout this opportunity was being able to make a personal connection with my supervisor, a coworker, and my program manager through CAPA. I have learned a little about the working culture in the Australian non-profit sector. Since I was a designer for a small company that didn’t have a designer before, I know that my work will have a direct impact on the everyday operations of this organization. It feels rewarding to know that the work I have done for this company will stay with them for years to come. I only hope that my design choices in the forms I created help the youth who are using the forms feel less intimidated and more comfortable in their intake process.    

After this experience, I have learned more about my capabilities as a designer. The confidence I have in my graphic design abilities has increased and I have also learned more about online tools used in the industry i.e. WordPress and Mailchimp.