- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Equitable
- Location: New York City, New York
About the Innovation & Design Office
The Innovation & Design Office (IDO) was formed in October 2019 to lead Equitable’s adoption of New Ways of Working. Drawing on proven and time-tested practices, the IDO will drive enterprise change by positioning the company to execute on its strategy in 2020 and beyond. In particular, the team will lead implementation of Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) and will also champion the adoption of Agile methodologies throughout the organization that enable teams to introduce innovative products and services more quickly. IDO will also introduce Design Thinking for a human-centered approach to problem solving and will foster greater front-line autonomy through principles of Adaptive Leadership. Lastly, IDO will drive more efficient resource allocation through a dynamic funding process that enables more rapid testing and incubation of the best ideas.
As a summer intern within the Innovation & Design Office, you will help drive and support Equitable’s adoption of New Ways of Working. To succeed in this role, the individual will need to be able to drive work both within a team and independently, thrive in an ambiguous environment and have a relentless focus on outcomes. Our ideal candidate is a builder, energized by the challenges that come with creating new things.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research – Summarizing research and data to help the team make compelling business cases and incorporate industry best practices
- Deck building – Aide the team in building presentations for executive level stakeholders to drive adoption of New Ways of Working
- Execution – support and coordination of deliverables (e.g., helping to coordinate events)
The duration of the internship is 10 weeks with the possibility of full time employment offered after graduation.
- Rising senior in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program (Class of 2022) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Teamwork and organizational skills
- Leadership experience
- Internship experience preferred