- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Company: Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP)
- Location: Remote
The Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) provides opportunities for veterans, service members, military family members, and caregivers to thrive through community and the arts.
We provide free, evidence-based community arts programming that significantly and sustainably improves hundreds of veterans’ well-being every year. Our offering includes multi-week classes, one-time workshops, and performances across a variety of art forms, including stand-up comedy, storytelling, improv, creative writing, acting, painting, drawing, and more.
Since our founding six years ago, we have served 1,300+ unique veterans through our arts education programs and our alumni have performed for an estimated 100,000+ audience members, including shows at the Warner Theater, Gotham Comedy Club, for Former President Jimmy Carter, and at The White House under President Obama. We have been featured by CNN, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, The Washington Post, POLITICO, Forbes, and more. We envision a future where there are creative communities across the country for veterans to thrive through the arts, and our goal is to continue expanding our programs nationally to realize that future.
ASAP is seeking candidates who have a passion for learning nonprofit arts programming management. For ASAP, our programs are at the core of our mission.
The Program Coordination Intern will collaborate closely with ASAP’s Program Manager and Program Coordinators in the planning and execution of ASAP’s classes, workshops, and performances, currently all being offered virtually. The intern will have the opportunity to not only support the Program team, but will also manage and take ownership of a variety of projects with key learning objectives. In 2021 ASAP seeks to serve over 500 unique veterans and deliver more programs than ever before. The Program Coordination Intern will be an integral part of meeting this mission objective.
This is a full-time, remote internship role (30–35 hours/week). Qualified applicants must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of the organization’s programs and performances. The primary duties and responsibilities of the position are detailed below.
DESIRE TO LEARN AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Support the planning and execution of programs in order to facilitate ASAP’s programmatic excellence and growth
- Help manage relationships and directly interface with instructors, volunteers, students, classroom and performance venues, and other partners to effectively execute ASAP’s programs and performances
- Support the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of ASAP’s arts curricula
- Assist with the creation and execution of processes for expanding the program, including instructor assessment and training, admissions, program/performance standard operating procedures, program communications, and volunteer recruitment and management
- Support partnership development with local arts instructors, arts organizations, colleges, veterans organizations, and businesses
- Perform all other program-related tasks as needed
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Interest in project management and execution, curriculum and training development, event planning, and external communications; interest in arts, veterans affairs, or mental health preferred; experience working in an office a plus
- Working with the Program Manager, ability to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks; ability to be flexible, problem solve, and pivot based on program and organization requirements; intellectually curious and driven to learn new skills
- Superior attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communications skills; open to receiving and willing to deliver constructive feedback; comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial; capable of managing time effectively and efficiently in a remote work environment; thrives in highly autonomous situations in which s/he has the opportunity to drive her/his own work
- Availability and flexibility to be present for organization’s evening and weekend programs/performances.
- Preferred proficiency in: Microsoft Office Suite; Google Drive, Calendar, Documents, Sheets, and Forms; Slack and task management software; and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Course credits from undergraduate/graduate university (eligibility permitting)
- Mentorship support from ASAP’s network of advisors and supporters
- The opportunity to build a program from the ground-up and directly impact the lives of thousands of veterans, service members, and military family members
Please submit your resume and a 250 word statement of interest explaining why you would be a fit for this opportunity to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.