Nicole Glynn

Full name: Nicole Glynn

Hometown: Commerce Township, Michigan

Major and Class Standing: Advertising Management and Professional Writing, Senior

Social Media Handle: Instagram: @nicoleeglynn

Internship Company/Organization Name: BATOG

Location of Internship: Remote (Florence, Italy)

Program Type: Global Remote Internship Program

My title was the Social Media Marketing Intern. I was responsible for creating a six-week social media marketing plan to increase sales and social media following.

Every day I started off by going through relevant hashtags and engaging with our followers for a few hours to increase brand recognition. When I wasn’t scrolling through Instagram, I was either creating graphics, planning posts, researching marketing methods, or making Tiktoks for BATOG’s newly launched account!

Woman in black top in front of brick wall, smiling at camera next to company logo
Nicole Glynn

I obtained my internship by applying to the Global Remote Internship Program via the College of Arts and Letters at MSU. After I was accepted through the college, I interviewed with CAPA The Global Education Network and was officially accepted to the program. Finally, CAPA found me a potential employer match and I was paired up with BATOG after interviewing with the head of the brand, Alina Roxana Batog.

My favorite part of the internship was being able to see Batog’s designs via Zoom. While the photographs on the website and social media are beautiful, seeing the products over Zoom made this remote internship feel just a bit more normal. My least favorite part was the fact that it was remote. If it had been in person, I’d like to hope that I would have been able to go to Italy for an even deeper-rooted cultural experience!

From this internship, I learned a lot more about the dos and don’ts of the fashion industry, who to follow, who the big names in fashion in Europe are, and so much more. After graduation, I plan on working locally for a couple of years before moving to a bigger city like Chicago, NYC, or LA in hopes of a more unique job opportunity. I definitely built upon my graphic design and photoshop skills. A lot of what I did involved creating graphics and stories for social media and I learned several new methods and applications to use along the way that have helped me out tremendously.

My advice for other students is to use your resources. The first step in getting this internship was simply responding to an email from my advisor about this opportunity. Utilize your academic resources, stay connected to people within your professional network, and make sure to read through the emails your advisor sends you!