- Application Deadline: 11/30/20
- Company: Kellogg’s
- Location: Battle Creek, Michigan
Student Support – Business Solutions – Sales-SAL011689
In this hybrid Business Solutions Student Support and Sales Intern role, you will be developing your analytical skills and collaborating across multiple team players within our Sales organization. You will support Category Management and the Customer Team as you work to drive effective business insight solutions. We’re a company that can nourish your career as well as your appetite.
As a Sales Intern at Kellogg for Summer 2021 (May – July), you’ll experience what it’s like to be part of our U.S. Sales organization as you join a dedicated team of people who are passionate about Kellogg and our delicious brands! You will be accountable for applying key learnings to successfully assist and execute sales programs to satisfy our customer needs and help drive sales. Excited for what lies ahead? We are too.
Below highlights the timeline and responsibilities for each assignment:
- Business Solutions Student Support Assignment – January-May 2021
- Sales Intern Assignment – May-July 2021
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING – Business Solutions Student Support (Jan-May 2021)
- Cutting-edge Technology – You will be identifying and integrating innovative tools to analyze and visualize sales data and insights with Tableau, Excel, Access and more! Ready to shape the future? Information solutions are at your fingertips.
- Break the Mold – You will help create standard procedures for effective data usage and tools to simplify the process. Asking questions and challenging the status quo is your recipe for success. #OwnIt
- Let’s Get Analytical – You’ll be utilizing Nielsen programs to analyze and interpret data, while creating and analyzing efficient assortment using Kellogg tools. And with your self-starter, go-getter, team-player work ethic, we’re positive you’ll fit right in.
- Category Management – It’s all in the name – you’ll be helping the team manage our Kellogg categories from baked goods to breakfast greats leveraging Big Data to help develop insights on Category results and trends, and more. It’s about having fun & Playing to Win.
- Delivering Success – And of course, as you work you’ll be gaining meaningful business experience as you exhibit professionalism in your interactions and communication with Kellogg Category Management team and our Kellogg Company personnel. Excited for what lies ahead? We are too.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING – Sales Intern (May-July 2021)
Hands-on Sales Experience – Your role as a Sales Intern will combine the following assignments:
- Partnering with the Retail Sales Team to gain experience in retail stores by performing sales and customer connection techniques (Pop-tarts, Cheez-Its, Kashi, oh my!)
- Assisting our Account, Category Management, or Business Planning Teams with customer business plans and processes
Hungry to learn more? Your assignments will include:
- Selling, negotiating, and executing business plans – The data doesn’t lie. You’ll utilize tried and true fact based selling techniques to grow Kellogg’s in-store sales, develop business communication skills and learn our go-to-market strategies.
- Patience + Persistence = Profit – It’s time to put your can-do attitude to the test. You’ll be a champion for Kellogg by implementing creative ideas and innovative solutions to overcome roadblocks, analyzing customer business and performance, and selling within the landscape of America’s largest retailers.
- Drive Results – You will be accountable for delivering on key metrics and demonstrating leadership skills, while helping create compelling sales stories as you work on our iconic brands. It’s about having an Owner’s Mindset and Playing to Win.
- Your seat at the table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellogg business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to executive leadership. And this is only the beginning!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to conduct physical work, frequently lifting 20 -25 pounds
- Willing to accommodate up to 20% travel (at least 2 overnight trips required)
- Flexible to be relocated to multiple geographies for the internship & post-graduation full-time opportunities
- Experience working with databases, spreadsheets and other computer programs
- Major and/or minor in a related subject, such as, Marketing, Economics, Data Analytics or Business
- Student at a Junior status
- Work-related experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working with Tableau, Nielsen and/or Access
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?You should be available to work for a minimum 7-month commitment at our Kellogg offices in Battle Creek, Michigan starting in January 2021. Please note – should the COVID-19 pandemic continue to impact the in-person work environment, this student experience will be moved to a virtual platform.
In this role, having an owner’s mindset paired with your initiative and curiosity will take you a long way. You will be encouraged to “follow your nose” (as Toucan Sam would say) and pursue opportunities to engage in a team environment, while sharping your business acumen. And did we mention there’s plenty of snacks?
WHAT’S NEXTCome join our Kellogg Family! It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
THE FINER PRINTThe ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link.
Learn more and apply here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3981741?ref=preview-header-click